Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A dream, a nurse, a grandfather and a foot...

As part of my dietary regimen, I recently went back to taking a product more commonly known as 'H.G.H.' or human growth hormone. One of the first things I've noticed whenever I start using this is that I sleep more profoundly and my dreams are more vivid.

Last night it started happening again. I was, as you might expect, weird.

Dream Sequence pt.1
A collage of places I've never been but were familiar to me. A parade of people with no faces, and yet I knew who everyone was. Even my deceased grandfather showed up, sadly he didn't take me fishing or to work with him in his workshop, nor he imparted any words of wisdom. In the dream he laid in his deathbed, speechless, struggling to breath, just like he did that last night I spent taking care of him. That was the last night he was conscious. That was the night before his last.

What disturbed me about this was, first off, that in the 12 years since his passing, I've never dreamt of him when he was ill. The second thing was watching family members around the bed discussing who was getting what as inheritance. That pissed me off.

But as it usually happens in dreams, from there I was whisked away to some other place...

Dream Sequence pt.2
I found myself walking around with a syringe in my hand, looking for someone to give that shot. It was, as far as I can tell, penicillin or some other anti-biotic. It was intended for my left foot. Something was hurting and I needed someone to inject me on the affected area. I walked into a doctor's office and in it's reception area I ran into a nurse. It just so happened that this nurse was represented by my former pediatrician's nurse, Carmen.

I had not seen that lady in about 15 years, and yet there she was in my dream, offering to give me the shot. So I sit down and I raise my left foot to show her what was ailing me. Suddenly and rather violently, she grabs my foot and produces a defibrillator and is charging it to it's maximum capacity. The other people in the office where yelling for her to stop while she clanged the two paddles together, ready to zap my foot...

All the while she kept shouting: "Purple foot! Purple foot! Purple Foot!"

In the dream, i remained still, knowing that the crazy nurse was just trying to scare me. Or was she? I'd tell you if I knew, I woke up before finding out.

So yeah, I had a dream, like Martin Luther King, except I'm not getting killed over this one, just zapped in the foot, maybe.

No comments: